Saturday, November 19, 2005

Free

by Weichuen You 2001

When I take the metro to go to work, I prefer to think of it as taking an adventurous trip. The destination is unknown yet, but it can be New York, Paris. Or I might be on my way to a lovely appointment with friends in an afternoon-tea cafe. Someone might be waiting for me at the end of the trip with a teddy bear, a bunch of red roses, a card with "I Love You" on it and most of all, a big kiss! It might be an outing for sketches of beautiful scenery. Or I might wander to the forest for a relaxing walk. The ride might be so long that by the time I arrive, a sky of glittering stars warmly welcome me.

Only my imagination can set me free...

5 comments:

Poetree said...

Metros are those kinds of places where global roots. I like metros, because I do not use them. I like to think that I am inside an iron snake, riding the ruins of apocaliptical cities.
Well, your drawing is nice and it is good to know that there is plenty of life behind it.
Regards

Anonymous said...

I love your idea and drawing ... you have a wonderful imagination :)

isay said...

sweet and lively imagination miragee. your colors continues to amaze me.

carla said...

Once again, you've delighted me with your fanciful imagination and lovely, narrative illustration. This is so colorful and fun!

Unknown said...

OOOOH!! I love this illo a lot!! soo color and FREEEE and joyful