Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sandiaoling Holiday market / 三貂嶺文創市集


下週日(三月二十六日)我要和Irman去三貂嶺參加文創市集,邀請大家一起來踏青!

Next Sunday (March 26) I am going to Sandiaoling Holiday Market with Irman. Please come join us!

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Wat Niwet Tham Prawat in Ayutthaya / 大城安娜教堂


明明就是個佛寺,安娜教堂的外表非常西化。要到教堂得搭纜車過河。

Wat Niwet Tham Prawat in Ayutthaya is a temple with a westernized style. First we have to take a gondola ride to cross the river. 



不管是西式或泰式外表,都很療癒人心! 

Despite its westernized facade, the place is soothing all the same. 

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Lesson 2 of the Owl Family / 貓頭鷹家族的第二課


Dad: No matter how old my child is, she is always my baby. 



Mom: Though you are an owl, you should hit the sack if you can't stay up! 

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Lesson 1 of the Owl Family / 貓頭鷹家族的第一課


雖然我們是貓頭鷹,不過我們不太會飛。

Though we are owls, we don't know how to fly, to be honest. 


Story 1 of the Owl Family: We all need to learn to fly

(from left to right) 
Wayne: Flying is so beautiful! 
Tony: It's not that hard! 
Gee: Follow us. What are you waiting for! 
CC: I am afraid! 

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Don Wai Floating Market / 海椰寺水上市場




我的朋友百方住在海椰寺水上市場附近,來到這裡不吃一晚鴨肉麵好像很不道地!

My friend Bai-fang lives near Don Wai Floating Market. It seems a must-do to eat a bowl of duck noodles here.



        我非常喜歡市場裡各種顏色的蔬菜,綠的紅的,用塑膠袋包得鼓鼓的,是視覺的饗宴!

     I love vegetables of various colors in the market placed in inflated plastic bags. What a feast for the eyes!



        水上有賣水果的小販,但不像觀光水上市場那樣競爭激烈。

     There are vendors on the river, and fortunately, not so many as in other touristy floating markets.



        坐船遊河可以一覽泰國人生活的風景,塔金河上的風光平靜寫意,這個地方輕輕鬆鬆成為我最愛的景點之一了! 

     The cruise gives me an opportunity to take a peek into Thais' daily lives. The views along Tajin River are serene and graceful. Well, this place has become one of my favorite spots in Thailand!



        河邊有從主流分叉出去的小河,有高架小屋。

     There are mysterious streams leading from the river as well as water chalets. 



        有文青風的咖啡館,泰式民宿和破舊的民房。

     Also, really poetic modern cafes, Thai guesthouses and shabby old houses.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Night market in Ayothaya / 大城夜市


小販們和工作人員穿著古典服飾在夜市裡穿梭,令人有時空錯亂感!

Food vendors and the staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes dot the market, and somehow I feel I am in the ancient Thailand! 

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Hospitable Thais / 我的泰姐泰妹


去年到曼谷旅行時,在碼哈拉碼頭寫明信片之際,遇見了百方,是個二十出頭的女孩,我們隨便哈啦了一下,他對我說:你這樣自由自在旅行,又會畫圖,你是我的偶像。我們因此成為臉書之友,不過連絡了一陣子,百方就不見了,直到我今年又要去曼谷之前,百方剛好連絡我,我們就這麼又搭上線。

I ran into Bai-fang last year when writing postcards at Maharaj Pier in Bangkok. Bai-fang is a super friendly and sincere twentish young girl. I was touched and surprised by what she said to me back then, "I really envy you for being able to travel alone so freely. I also love your drawings. You are my idol!" We thus became Facebook pals though she kind of disappeared halfway through. However, right before my trip to Thailand this past winter, she popped up again. And that's how we came to meet again this time. 

        這次百方帶我到她在佛統府的家,我也認識了百方媽尼莎,第一次見面尼莎就阿莎力地說好第二天要帶我到開車三小時的北碧,我真的被百方一家的熱情感動到說不出話來。去完北碧回來,百方和姐姐百芬準備好熱騰騰的酸辣海鮮湯和飯菜等著我們,這真的是好泰式的體驗啊! 

     Baifang took me to her hometown Nakhon Pathom. I had the pleasure to meet Baifang's whole family, including Nisa, Baifang's mom. We had barely met for five minutes when Nisa offered to drive me to Kachanaburi the following day. I was totally impressed by the hospitable family! At the end of the long drive from Kachanaburi back to Nakhon Pathom, Baifang and her big sis Baifern had prepared hot and yummy dinner for us. This is a very Thai experience for me! 



        百方帶我到家附近的海椰寺水上市場遊船,這裡的鄉村風情有典型的泰式風格,比在曼谷的昭披耶河的遊船之旅更有泰國人的生活感。

     Baifang took me to Donwai Floating Market near her home on a river cruise. It was so peaceful and quiet, which definitely feels more Thai than the cruise on Chaopraya River in Bangkok.  



        佛統府產又大又甜的柚子,所以市場裡到處都可以看到柚子!

     Nakhon Pathom is famous for big and fat pomelos, so they can be seen everywhere in the market. 

        雖然實體的旅行結束了,每天下班畫一張泰國的圖,就可以延續在泰國旅行的幸福感!而且每過一天,就離回到泰國見泰媽泰姐的日子又近了一天! 

     Though the trip seems over, I am in the habit of drawing a picture about my trip in Thailand. This surely keeps my passion for Thailand alive. What's more, as days go by, I am nearer the goal of traveling back to Thailand! 

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thailand healed me / 泰國療癒了我


在泰國旅行的連續好幾天,每天回旅館打開信箱時,赫然發現自己失去了想要的機會,雖然當下很傷心,不過在充滿希望的國度裡,我很快就被療癒了‧‧‧‧‧‧

For several days on end during the trip, I received bad news about the opportunities that I wanted very much. It was heartbreaking at the moment, but traveling in a country with Buddha to keep me company, I was soon healed...