Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rehab II / 復健 貳

大家一定都有我正在勤加復健的錯覺,其實我在醫生開給我一連串物理治療之後便逃之夭夭,我發現與其每天去醫院報到,不如保持愉快的心情。

My readers must have the illusion that I've been working hard on rehabilitation. The truth is, I fled after the doctor prescribed a long list of physical therapy for me. I figured that instead of spending the rest of summer in the hospital, my body will feel happier if I stay in a good mood mentally.

我倒是花不少時間製作捲髮人復健系列的圖片,因為醫生給我的講義很不吸引人,而我又需要動力練習畫不好的竹子,我想生病的人更需要看一些好看的東西。

However, I did spend much time on my Miss Curly's Rehab series. The handouts given by the doctor are really ugly, and I needed strong motivation to practice painting bamboos. After all, the ill deserve to look at something beautiful.

以下的動作雖然是設計給高齡人士的復健動作,但是既然各位都來到我的部落格了,就站起來做做伸展操,以保健康喔!

Though the exercise below is designed for geriatrics, I advise everyone reading my post now to stand up and stretch a little bit to stay healthy!

伸展運動的好處:
可放鬆身體,保持柔軟度。

Advantages of stretching: 
It will help your body to relax and remain supple.

什麼時候可以做伸展運動?
任何時候,如起床、久站或久坐後。

When to do stretching exercise? 
Anytime, such as after getting up, having stood or sat for a long while.

伸展運動應該注意的重點:
一、開始伸展時,不要來回晃動。有拉緊的感覺,但以不會痛為宜。
二、呼吸緩慢有節奏。向前屈身時,吐氣;維持姿勢不動時,舒緩呼吸。
三、維持伸展姿勢,心中默數十至二十秒。

Tips on stretching: 
1. When you start stretching, don't swing back and forth. Pull your body on the premise that it doesn't hurt.
2. Breathe in a slow and rhythmic manner. When bending forth, you should exhale. When remaining still at a posture, breathe slowly.
3. Each move takes about 10 to 20 seconds.


簡單伸展十二招:


Twelve stretching exercises: 

一、站姿小腿伸展:前腿彎曲,後膝伸直。

1. The standing position to stretch the calf: Bend the front leg. Straighten the knee of the back leg.



二、伸展大腿前肌群。

2. Stretch the anterior thigh muscles. 



三、頸部及上背部向前伸展:骨盆固定於椅背後,向前彎,維持十至二十秒。

3. Stretch the neck and the upper back forward: With the pelvis positioned to the back of the chair, you bend forth, remaining that way for 10 to 20 seconds. 



一節一節,伸直腰椎、胸椎、頸椎。

Straighten your lumbar (waist) spine, thoracic (chest) spine, and cervical (neck) spine one after another. 



四、頸部側彎伸展:注意對側肩膀,不可聳起,結束後換邊再做。

4. Stretch the neck sideways: Don't raise the opposing shoulder. Bend the neck the other way afterwards. 



五、伸展肩部後肌肉:左手托住右手肘,拉右手向胸,維持十至二十秒,對側亦然。

5. Stretch the posterior muscles of the shoulder: Use the left hand to pull the right elbow to the chest. Remain that way for 10 to 20 seconds. The same goes with the opposing side. 



六、伸展後背頸部、胸部和腰部:從腰椎、胸椎、頸部慢慢旋轉,維持十至二十秒,對側亦然。

6. Stretch the back neck, the chest and the waist: Turn slowly from the waist spine, the chest spine and the neck spine. Remain that way for 10 to 20 seconds. The same goes with the opposing side. 


七、伸展臀部肌肉:右腳放在左大腿上膝蓋處由臀部開始,上身向前傾。對側亦然。

7. Stretch hip muscles: Place the right leg above the left knee. Bend the upper body from the hips. The same goes with the opposing side. 



八、伸展下背部大腿後側肌肉:彎曲一腳,向對側的胸口,維持十至二十秒,對側亦然。

8. Stretch the lower back and the posterior thigh muscles: Bend one leg and pull it toward the chest of the opposing side. Remain that way for 10 to 20 seconds. Go to the other leg and do the same. 



九、延長伸展:伸展雙腿、雙手。

9. Extend and Stretch: Stretch both legs and arms. 



十、下背及臀部向側邊伸展:曲一膝九十度,對側腿伸直,維持十至二十秒,對側亦然。

10. Stretch the lower back and the hip sideways: Bend one knee 90 degrees, with the opposing leg straightened. Remain that way for 10 to 20  seconds. The same goes with the opposing side. 



十一、下背部全彎曲:平躺,吐氣時兩手抱於膝蓋,維持十至二十秒。

11. Bend the lower back: Lie flat on your back. Hold both legs below the knees and exhale. Remain that way for 10 to 20 seconds. 



十二、俯臥背部伸展:雙手與肩同寬,撐起上半身,維持十至二十秒。

12. Lie on your stomach to stretch the back: Use two hands placed shoulder-width apart to support the upper body for about 10 to 20 seconds. 



Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rehab / 復健

醫生給了我一些復健的講義,其中有錯誤儀態的示範,我想上帝要讓我看到不同的風景,於是我把圖片自己畫了一遍,健康雜誌的編輯快來找我畫插畫吧!

The doctor gave me some handouts on rehabilitation, on which wrong body postures are illustrated in the form of photos. I guess God intends to show me what I have never paid attention to with this experience, so I re-illustrated the images. What I want to say is, editors of health magazines, I am a potential illustrator for your articles!

以下為不當姿勢,提供給大家作參考:

Below are some improper postures which will bring negative effect on your long-term health:


勿站三七步。

Don't lean on one leg. 


勿駝背。

Don't slouch.


勿翹二郎腿。

Don't cross your legs. 


勿壓腿坐。

Don't sit with one leg placed under the other. 


勿側睡。

Don't sleep with one leg placed under the other. 

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lanyu / 蘭嶼


圖攝於台東長濱公園 / photo taken at Chang-bin Park, Taidung 

為了丟掉身上的框架,我想了好多方法。

To think and act outside the box, I rack my brain hard. 


圖攝於台東鐵花村 / photo taken at Tiehua Village, Taidung 

去鐵花村學吉他。

 I take up guitar lessons at Tiehua Village. 


圖攝於台東海邊 / photo taken on the beach of Taidung 

去海邊散步。

I go for strolls on the beach. 


圖攝於台東鹿野 / photo taken in Luye, Taidung 

去鹿野玩飛行傘。

I try paragliding on Luye Terrace. 


圖攝於台東鹿野高地 / photo taken on Luye Terrace 

於是我一路飛啊!/  Then I fly all the way...


圖攝於前往蘭嶼的小飛機上 / photo taken on the flight from Taidung to Lanyu 

飛啊飛著‧‧‧

All the way...


以下圖片皆攝於蘭嶼 /  photos below (the above-one included) taken on Orchid Island 

最後降落在下雨的小島上。

And I finally land on the rainy small island. 


下雨了,海邊的句石壁上聚集了雕像般的動物,是什麼呢?

In the rain, tiny statue-like animals line the wall of the stone. What are they? 


是避雨的羊群!

It's the sheep that take shelter from the rain!


雨停了,海面上的波浪形成一條銀色的絲帶。

When the rain stops, the waves form a silver ribbon on the sea. 


天空又亮了起來。

The sky lights up again. 


羊兒要回家了。

The sheep are on their way home. 


只剩下我和山,

I am left in the quiet company of mountains, 


石頭,

stones, 


和海。

and the sea.


幸好太陽出來了。

Luckily, the sun returns. 




山和海都笑了。

The mountains and the sea both break into smiles. 


海浪打得特別用力。

The waves are especially mighty. 


海水格外湛藍。

The seawater takes on a turquoise hue. 


漁夫很開心。

The fisherman is happy. 


小販也快樂。

The vendor is satisfied. 


泳客樂不思蜀。

The sea bathers have the time of their life. 


我在仲夏裡找到清涼。

I find cool air in hot summer. 


小蝴蝶在旁附和我的話。

The small butterfly can't agree more with me. 


小植物也欣喜地望向天空。

The small plant looks toward the sky with delight. 


島民說:歡迎來到蘭嶼!

The islanders say: Welcome to Orchid Island!


還有,記得盛夏你的樣子,在海邊。

Most of all, remember how you look in mid-summer, by the sea. 

Monday, July 11, 2011

Sun Flavor / 太陽口味


小朋友對於時間的流逝沒有大人敏感,小方將近五歲,學會了一星期的七天,但是好像還沒有月份的觀念,所以和小方講電話,有種不受時間限制的跳躍感。

Children do not have a very strong sense of time. Von finally learns that there are seven days in a week as he is turning five, but he seems not to have cultivated the idea of months. Thus, when I talk to him on the phone, it feels so free since his narration is not restricted by the fixed conception of time. 

小方:這個月是七月,七月再過一天就是我的生日了。
汪達:不是,是再過一個月,你的生日在八月。
小方:八月再過一個月就是阿嬤的生日。
汪達:我也是九月生日,而且我生日那天晚上要飛倫敦。
小方:那我早上去幫你慶生好了。
汪達:你忘記你要開始上學啦!我們可以前一天晚上一起吃蛋糕。

Von: It is July now. One day after July comes my birthday. 
Wanda: No, it's next month. Your birthday is in August. 
Von: One month after August we'll celebrate Granny's birthday. 
Wanda: My birthday is in September too. I'll fly to London on the evening. 
Von: Then I'll celebrate your birthday for you in the morning. 
Wanda: You forgot that you are going to school starting from fall? We can celebrate it on the previous evening though. 

想到小方說的早上慶生,我的蛋糕應該是太陽口味的吧!

Thinking of Von's plan to celebrate my birthday in the morning, I figure my cake should be of the sun flavor! 

Friday, July 08, 2011

Luco IV


進入第二天的工程,今天是由可愛的妹妹佳璇登場幫忙。

On the second day of work, it is the lovely Erica that serves as my assistant.












本來想隱身於幫助手們拍的照片裡,謝謝小蕙幫我拍的一系列近照。

I wanted to remain invisible by not appearing in any photo, but it is nice to have a series of pictures taken by Huei. 

王子的臉再度復出!但是他和捲髮人有點微胖,,應該是我內心的渴望,不過也是希望客人吃飽,不用擔心體重啦!

The disappearing face of the prince makes its comeback. Well, he and Miss Curly are both chubby; maybe it reflects my inner desire for a chubby prince, but never have the dream come true. Another reason is that I hope the diners won't have to worry about their weight here. 




助手群們越來越龐大,沒睡飽的嘉芸也跑來幫忙。

I have more and more assistants as the noon time approaches. Even the fatigued Prince comes to help. 


拿顏料滿場亂走時,我發現餐廳裡頭新的風景─從吧台的小窗往內看,廚師和老闆專注地工作,我們被賦予試吃的重要任務,在品嚐過後要給建議,如果問題重大,廚師們要立刻重新烹調。其實廚房裡才是最需要裝飾的地方,因為廚師心情佳,煮的食物也會可口!

While moving around to get paints, I discover a new scene--seen from the window behind the bar counter, the cooks and Jade are busy cooking. We, on the other hand, are shouldered with the sacred  mission of sampling their food and coming up with suggestions. If the problems are significant, the cooks have to try again immediately. Actually, the kitchen should be a beautiful place because if the cooks are in a good mood, I believe the dishes will be yummy!


下午,我開始變得自我要求嚴厲,看很多地方都不順眼,還邊拍照邊檢討。

In the afternoon, I begin to be very exacting. There seem to be so many tiny details that displease me. I even take photos of the wall, trying to find out how I can do better. 


連神經細膩的嘉芸都覺得我進入某種歇斯底里的狀態。

Even Prince, who is so much more careful than Erica, finds me kind of hysterical in trying to make the painting perfect. 


應佳璇媽邀請,大家來簽名,你找到了佳璇的名字嗎?

At Jade's invitation, everyone leaves their names in their favorite corners. Can you find "Erica?" 


佳瑜簽在另一邊。

Natalie signs her name on the other side. 


佳璇媽也來塗幾筆過過癮!

Jade tries her hand at painting. 

藍色白點星球本來是沒有戴皮帶的,但曾經讀過美術系的兩位廚師們不斷給我意見,在此也要謝謝他們。

The blue planet with white polka dots did not wear any belt in my draft, but the two cooks, who used to be art majors, keep offering me advice. I'd like to give acknowledgement to them here. 


Luco餐廳位於政大附近,七月十七日開幕,以下為餐廳資訊:

Luco Cafe 

地址:台北市指南路二段45巷10號一樓
電話:(02)8661-1397

Luco Cafe is located in the neighborhood of Cheng-chi University. It will be open on Sunday, July 17. Below is the information you might find useful: 

Luco Cafe 

1th F. No. 10, Lane 45, Chi-nan Rd., Section 2, Taipei 
(02)8661-1397