Thursday, August 25, 2005

Water girl I

by Weichuen You 2002

I feel kinda ashamed in saying that I adore swimming while I haven't gone into the water for months. On the other hand, there must be people who love the sea without really knowing how to swim. Besides, the words today are actually for a very elegant swimmer, Missy Patty, who celebrates her B-day today, if I do not remember the date wrong:-).

The magic of swimming is known to those who can't live without this sport. In summer it cools the burning fire in me. In winter, it warms my freezing body. Most of all, the amazing effect it has on my psyche can not be summarized in a few words. Often it pulls me up when I am about to sink into the dark well of self-torture. Even when I am not troubled, floating freely in water makes me believe that I am invincible. I think, "If, if I can cross the Pacific Ocean, what else can baffle me?" Swimming is the positive form of ecstasy pills with no deadly side effects, no exorbitant costs and best, it gives you a beautiful body...

Patty knows these things better than I, so I'll just give her a very simple birthday wish--I hope you'll swim til the last day of your life, if that day ever comes...

No comments: