Saturday, August 20, 2005

Reflection

This is my first time participating in Illustration Friday. I'd wanted to draw this serene little corner for some time and I thought it rather appropriate for this topic. My days in Elbeuf, France this summer were mostly spent in the apartment. The only relief every day was the daily walk to the park for a sun bath. I looked at people, I contemplated and I read. Though my life was quiet, I felt so much emotion which I'd always had to wait to share with Dim or friends. However, whatever I did, I would never be able to precisely describe what I'd gone through mentally. I am the only person that sees my reflection. The viewers see a blank which leaves much space for imagination.

7 comments:

isay said...

i like all the greens that i am seeing. it looks like a peaceful place to reflect!

Weichuen You said...

It's my favorite corner in the little town Elbeuf where I stayed this summer. Reflection + reflection...I wanted to record the most beautiful season in Normandy as well. Thank you for your comment isay!

carla said...

This is very beautiful...so green and peaceful looking. I like the long view to the figure at the end...it enhances the quietness of the piece. I'd love to go there!

Weichuen You said...

Oh, it's actually not a very beautiful place compared with other French towns, but I've been there for many times. I am attached to the place emotionally...

Anonymous said...

lovely painting!!!

Chat Noir said...

Dear Miragee:

Your painting is amazing! I really love the calm and comfortable atmosphere you created in this painting and wish i could visit that place...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, very cool and collected :)