Friday, August 05, 2005

Cheers to the beautiful life

It isn't always easy for a city girl like me to totally blend into the country life in a short period of time. I don't even know if I will be suffocated or not after being away from big cities for months. My trips always finish at the perfect moment when I start to miss home while I am still able to appreciate the foreign land where I travel. In this way, I get to bear in mind the most beautiful memories of each place.

When people have more than one choice, struggles are inevitable. There comes a moment when we have to decide where to settle down. Yet, we always think of the unchosen choice with nostalgia and many "ifs" come to mind when life doesn't turn out to be as smooth as expected. I am sure with a different choice, it would be exactly the same.

Would life be easier with no choices? Do I want that kind of life? I am not in an objective position to answer the question. I am gifted with the talent of complicating things:-). This week I finally managed to retrieve my inner peace, with the help of the heart-warming sunshine and the soul-soothing countryside. However, I do not forget where I come from. I am deeply moved by my ample good luck to have the wonderul memories of two places, my home and the home of my soulmate. If I kept whining, God would lose his patience with me.

No comments: