Monday, July 11, 2005

My sky is blue today


It’s the start of a new week. This morning when I opened my eyes, I thought of you. Most of you have just returned from your summer trips while some of you have begun your new work. Due to the time difference, the moment I got up, you had had wrapped up a day’s work. Somehow the idea that you are so ahead of me is obsessing. It’s amazing that within a few days we are so apart physically, each with tons of stories to tell. Wait for me. I might be late in joining your story-sharing party, but I am sure to be there.

If you do miss me, imagine I am somewhere tranquil except the birds’ joyful singing and the cars’ passing by. Out of the window is a vast stretch of light-grayish blue sky. The clouds today are thin and light. My three-storied apartment is surrounded by other lower buildings. On summer nights, the neighbors open their windows gladly and that’s my favorite moment. It’s as if the apartments finally decided to open their hearts, even to a stranger like me. Even though I spend most of the time in either this little quiet room or the kitchen, it feels like I am always exposed to the caresses of the fresh air outdoors. And my heart has flown away to the other end of the sky.

I do miss you a lot...


No comments: