Thursday, July 21, 2005

crêpes?

I know it would take me much effort to convince you these are crepes, or to be exact, the result of my failed attempt. At first, their formless appearances really upset me, but I decided to keep them as samples for Annick so that she could give me advice on how to improve the taste and the shape. Besides, it would be nice to give friends a reason to laugh, whether they have a stressful day or not.

It's not hard for myself to know the reason why my crepes did not resemble those beautiful and round ones sold in restaurants. Even though I followed the recipe word by word, my wild spirits in cooking makes me a terrible cook when it comes to dessert. For beginners, what matters most in making desserts is precision, not creativity. I can blame everything on the recipe, but I felt partly responsible too. However, in the country of pastry, I can try and try again, until I master the art of making paper-thick crepes. And more important, I should stop grumbling when seeing crepes on the menu of desserts. After all, it's not such a piece of cake like I assumed.

No comments: