Tuesday, February 07, 2012

The British Library / 大英圖書館




從國王十字架地鐵站前晃過去看到熟悉的中文報紙,我覺得卡麥隆也應該要把我召喚過去稱讚一下,因為我很認真地融入倫敦的生活。

As I walked past by King's Cross underground station, I caught a glimpse of the Chinese newspaper. I think Cameron owes me a big compliment because I make every effort possible to become part of London. 





著名的聖潘克拉車站,是通往歐洲其它國家的門戶。

This is the renowned St. Pancras station. It is the gate to go to other European countries. 




今天的目的地一出場就非常激勵人心。

I was going to a very inspiring place today. 








就是大英圖書館。

It was the British Library. 


這真是世界第九大奇景啊!

For me this is the ninth wonder in the world!








不知是我的幻覺還如何,進圖書館的人都很奮發向上,大家不是在看書就是打電腦。

I don't know if it was my illusion or what, but people in the library appeared to be very hard-working. They were either reading books or staring at their computers. 


點了一杯熱巧克力準備來速寫那一大片書牆。旁邊的女孩不知說了幾次她申請牛津大學被拒絕讓她自尊多受傷。

I ordered a mug of hot chocolate, ready to do a sketch of the huge wall of books. One girl sitting next to me kept saying how it bruised her pride to have been turned down by Oxford University. 


速寫的魔力就是可以讓我瞬間融入一個新地方,沒有認識的人也不會寂寞。

The beauty of sketching is that it makes me immediately blend in a new environment. I don't feel lonely even if there is no one I know. 


上了色之後圖書館馬上變成糖果屋了!

After coloring the books, the library was turned into a candy house! 

5 comments:

Grace Tan said...

看了上色的書牆之後我忍不住哇的讚嘆!

阿淳我今天收到了溫莎王室城堡的房間的明信片好高興, 而上面的郵票是我所有見過中最喜歡的:)

謝謝阿淳!

Weichuen You said...

荳荳兒:不客氣喔,能買到昆丁伯的郵票真的是很幸運啊!對了,你有收到餅乾騎士的明信片嗎?

shangyu said...

上了色的圖書館真的美麗許多!

那杯熱可可看起來很好喝的樣子ㄋㄟ ~~,好想也來一杯 :)

Weichuen You said...

那有什麼問題!

Grace Tan said...

有! 餅乾騎士我好喜歡! 謝謝阿淳!

現在掛在我牆上喔!