Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ambleside / 安布塞德


從溫德米爾鎮搭船約半個小時到安布塞德,位於溫德米爾湖頭。

It takes a 30-minute ferry ride from Windermere to Ambleside. It is situated at the head of Windermere. 



這裡比起溫德米爾安靜些。

It is a little bit quieter here than in Windermere. 














「安布塞德」在古北歐語的意思是夏日草原,真是名符其實。

Ambleside in Old Norse means summer pasture. The town really lives up to its name. 



我們發現安布塞德的小學校。

We discovered the small primary school in Ambleside. 





小朋友把女王畫得真可愛。

Kids had their own lovely interpretations of the Queen. 



沒有課上的小男生看起來很失落。

The boy looked lost on a holiday...



安布塞德沒有什麼雄偉的風景,但一聽說有瀑布,我們趕緊去看看。最後明白再怎樣也比不上台灣,便有點放棄。

There is no spectacular scenery in Ambleside. However, upon hearing that there are waterfalls, we couldn't help rushing there for a look. In the end we realized they'd never compare to those in Taiwan, so we kind of gave up. 



不過都來到英國,就不要把它和美好的故鄉比較啊!

Well, the trick to have fun is never to compare the UK with my wonderful home country!





度假的人們多悠閒。

See how laid-back the tourists are. 


能毫無顧忌地吃著炸薯條真是人生樂事啊!

It is a luxury to eat chips without having to worry about the calory intake at all!



其實我也在草地上盡情地吃炸魚和薯條,當然不忘速寫。

The truth is, I also indulged in eating fish and chips on the grass. And of course, I didn't forget to sketch. 



要離開安布塞德之際,還在湖邊吃了藍莓瑪芬,所以說羅馬不是一天造成的啊!

Before leaving Ambleside, I even gulped down half of a blueberry muffin. Well, Rome isn't built in a day is it? 

No comments: