Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Play / 荷花池裡的捉迷藏

Botanical garden, Exhibition of Spanish toys, sixteen-year-old girl. I combined all these elements and turned them into the illustration for Illo Friday this week!

Visiting the botanical garden is one of my summer highlights. I need to check if the lotus flowers are doing fine and take a look at other dear plants as well. This summer, there is an interesting exhibition of Spanish toys at National Museum of History, so Little Kim and I went together. We were amidst crowds of young kids and girls, and suddenly I became one of them. But the young Kim, who is almost half my age, found me to be too childish!

The tickets to the exhibition are really cool and Kim was kind enough to give me hers. I decided to put them into my lotus painting. How did we play in the botanical garden? In my illo this week, I imagined that Kim and I, each with a big Spanish doll, played hide-and-seek in the lotus pond! Kim was happy to hide herself so well that I couldn’t find her. Want to know the truth? In real life, it would be completely the opposite!

If you are interested in the beautiful botanical garden in Taipei, I have some pictures here from last summer!

植物園、西班牙玩具展、十六歲的少女,我把這些元素結合起來,就變成本日插畫啦!

每年夏天,我一定得到南海植物園朝聖一次,看看我心愛的荷花過得好不好,順便拜訪其他同樣美麗的花花草草。今年夏季,國立歷史博物館恰好展出漂洋過海、來自西班牙的玩具,可愛的小眼睛美少女和我相約,我們擠在一群又一群的小朋友和年輕女孩之中,弄得我童心大發,倒是年幼的小眼睛美少女,在一旁像個大人家批評我低齡的舉動。

因為小眼睛美少女的美意,我得到了兩張票根,不想浪費如此珍貴的素材,再加上本週Illustration Friday的主題是「玩耍」,我便想到,小眼睛美少女和我在蓮花池裡玩捉迷藏,瞧她一副開心的樣子,其實在現實生活中,剛好是相反的。

如果你也對植物園有興趣,請看看我去年夏天的回憶吧!

12 comments:

Weichuen You said...

小眼睛美少女:因為圖片有問題,我重新發佈,所以你的留言沒了。但是我們可以每年都去植物園喔!

Unknown said...

This is lovely!! Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Seeing your new painting and your old article, I kept thinking about the botanical garden on Nan-hai Rd. I used to walk by there as a teenager everyday. What was I thinking then?

Weichuen You said...

Thanks Alina!

Louis: 我也是到了二十幾歲時才開始喜歡植物園,十幾歲的時候總是有很多事情要想嘛!看來你下次回來時有很多地方可以重新體驗了!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

really like the jungle-ish look! nice paint.

Marc said...

Awesome!

Evelien said...

it's great! I love the style of it

Ellen said...

Very nice work and cute story to go with it!!

Jay said...

nice work! lovely :)

Callipygia said...

it does have a hide and seek quality. I like the use of scale,very whimsical.

Gina Cuff said...

Beautiful work!

carla said...

I love the lushness of the flowers and leaves, and i love how they create the majority of the picture. This has such a sense of fun and magic to it .