Sunday, August 06, 2006

Capture / 捕

"I don't want to capture any heart. I just want to tame one that I really adore..."

Huei's film-making project still goes on. And she never doubts the decision of my role, which is the only and one lead actress. A few days ago, she came to my place to shoot the scene in which I painted. I was quite anxious since my brain was literally drained that morning. It would be unprecedented to film someone who painted nothing but air, and I didn't want to disappoint her.

I did have an image in mind, but I wasn't sure if I was calm enough to put it down. Then it occurred to me that I could express my whole concept only with simple lines and shapes. Thus started our silly little spy game. I knew what every line meant, but Huei was puzzled. As time went by, she saw more and more cryptical symbols on the paper. At the same time I said to myself silently, "Come on, this is easy. You should know what I want to convey!"

That day, I enjoyed how it felt to be an abstract art painter. In fact, it doesn't matter what I want to say. What you get from the picture is far more important. At least that's how I console myself when I try to appreciate abstract artworks.


「我不想擄獲任何顆心,我只想馴服我真的喜歡的那一顆。」

小蕙的拍片計畫仍持續著,她對於找我當女主角這件事,似乎沒有任何的懷疑,得到製片兼導演如此深厚的信任,我便全力以赴,雖然有時候我覺得自己的臉照在螢幕上,說是現今所有當紅骨感少女的兩倍大也不為過。

前幾天我們進行到拍攝我現場創作的景,即使事先行程已排定,到了當天,我突然畫不出來,整個人又疲累又煩躁,不過該來的還是會來。本持著不能傷害小蕙感情的原則,我只好硬著頭皮,結果在開拍的當兒,曙光乍現,我把心裡想到的一幅圖用線條和基本的形狀表現,於是我們便開始諜對諜的遊戲。每當我畫下一筆時,心裡嘀咕:「喂!知你如我,你應該知道我要說什麼吧!」但我只見小蕙一頭霧水,拍攝完之後,只好來個心理解析大作戰。

我終於體驗到當抽象畫家的感覺了。不過我總覺得,看抽象畫的重點不在於看穿畫家的心思,而在於觀者從中得到什麼領悟,我看不懂抽象畫時,都會這樣安慰自己。

7 comments:

The Unknown said...

It's beautiful.
love

claudine hellmuth said...

great, fresh artwork!

mid-life zhen said...

Very interesting. I really admire your creativity and imagination.

CRISTOSOVA said...

I see at least one pokémon trying to hide in there, unfortunately being eaten by a shark.
Excuse my silliness :)

Its a beautiful quote along with an interesting painting. And I love your little story, I am getting increasingly interested in that film project. Will we be able to see it in the end?

bruno côrte said...

Hi!!
beautiful... Miragee

Weichuen You said...

Thank you everyone. I think it's rather risky to try abstract art, but I have to say that I've never felt so relaxed when creating.

As for the film project, I did talk about putting it on my blog with Huei. I do not have any clue how to do that, but she will show me how to do it. So please keep coming back!:-) There is always fun stuff here!

carla said...

This is abstarct, but has a narrative feeling as well. I loved your post, written so petically. In the painting, I see forms of things familiar, but within the sea and the sky and the land, there are hints of other things. This makes me think of the idea that everything is energy and reconfigures into something else when it finishes its "life." It also makes me think of the idea that you can't step twice into the same river. Beautiful work, Miragee!