Saturday, December 31, 2005

What's your flavor?

by Weichuen You 2002

Back a few years ago, friends were quite eager to arrange blind dates for me. I was not really into it, but I was too shy to turn them down. Even though I didn't harbor great hopes, I would still try to show my best sides to those strangers whom my friends considered unbelievably eligible.

Blind dates are probably the most realistic and cruelest things in the whole world. It's totally about personal tastes and preferences. Even if I act like a humorous, generous, optimistic and considerate young lady, without the right looks for the guys, it will never work out between us. After trying blind dates for a few times, my self-confidence was shattered because those guys seemed to think they could've chosen someone better. So what was wrong?

Later I realized a major difference between me and them. They were experts at blind dates. Usually they would see tons of girls at the same time so eventually they had a lot to choose from. I, the idiot, went only for one at a time. Thus I was always subjected to the destiny of being chosen. I never go to choose.

My conclusion is, blind dates are not my cup of tea. I must be someone's flavor whether he's already there or not.

10 comments:

Zórdís said...

Totally agree with you regarding blind dates. What a bad idea! Our flavour YES is out there and will appear when we least expect it. So go with your flavourish tune and cach the rigt one.

Have a very flavorish happy new year

Anonymous said...

hi, thanx for visiting aynaku...i enjoy your writing (I agree w'you...)+ illo...ciao

isay said...

miragee, this is a very interesting take of the topic and i agree with you about blind dates.

i want to take this opportunity to also tell you that i enjoy and learn a lot with your sharing and your illustrations.

have a nice new year's eve celebration to you and your loveones.

valerie walsh said...

hi miragee!, this is funny and so right on! I did a print years ago called blind date and it was all these womens bodies hanging in a closet!!! it was in 1981 but you are a lot younger than me. You will meet your prince when you choose to... Have a creative New Year!

Anonymous said...

Love your post and think you are surely the flavour of many ... wishing you the best to choose the flavour perfect for you and not be rejected by the sour ... if this makes sense two sweets will choose each other! Love the image :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I know you since long time and never knew this side of you. I still need time to go through all your pages, which I will do. But right now, its really amazing and very interesting. I think I can learn a lot from this. I am very glad to see this web page.

Take care & Wish you a Very Happy New year 2006.

Uncle S

Weichuen You said...

Thanks to you all:-). In fact, I've been kinda of lazy these few weeks. I am in the middle of writing a story, so I kind of rely on my old pieces. I am not quite satisfied with this drawing. It was a journal piece from almost 3.5 years ago. But I do like the crazy idea inside.

I hope all of you have a great 2006!

gudbrandsdottir said...

I think you have choosen a great theme! The life is all about choices so....just choose what is the right for you!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

mid-life zhen said...

你好。你的作品很開朗和富有想象力,我很欣賞。真的,相親有點奇怪,而你能用這把它畫出來。

carla said...

This is such a very good illustration of what you describe...blind dates can be very brutal, and it is like being chosen at a market! I just love reading your wonderful stories, and I'm so glad you're writing a story. You are a wonderful storytelling with both words and images. Happy New Year:>