Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother and daughter, traveling together 3 / 媽媽和我的旅行 3

第二章 (下)─旅行公約

Chapter 2 (part II)—Traveling Pacts

photos taken at Caserta

4. Walk, walk, and walk more:

One of the major reasons why I love traveling is that I can walk to my heart's content. Many of my traveling companions are aware of my self-abusive love for walking.

But it's different to travel with my mom. I have to take her physical condition into account. Thus, my insistence and willfulness face the greatest challenge I've ever encountered.

"Let's try to walk from here to there, the end."
"That is SO IMPOSSIBLE!"

"I hardly have a chance to walk so much!"

"I ache all over. I can't go on anymore…"

"Where is Mom?"

photos taken at Colosseum, Rome

5. Can't I be alone?

I am used to traveling alone, so I suggest to Mom that we should go each one's way from time to time. My mom is afraid of nothing except being left alone in a foreign place. Well, it seems that God has given me a very difficult task...

"Mom, let's be apart for a while. I'll see you later, bye!"
"She knows well that I am scared!"

"Where the hell am I?"

"I am the queen of the world!"

"From now on, we have to stick together forever!"
"Just like when I was little...Sigh..."

6. Being sentimental is FORBIDDEN!

Because of my age and single status, Mom is quite likely to become sentimental, especially on seeing lovely couples. On our trip, it is forbidden to feel so. I consider myself super lucky to live such a wonderful life, to be able to travel around the world, and to share with my mom a trip full of ups and downs.

There is more than one definition for a happy life.

"Why is my daughter single?"
"It's not fair!"
"Why!"
"I don't want it for my daughter!"

"Mom, life is not always about 'two' people."

"Besides, for others, we are 'a couple' too!"

photo 1 taken at Hotel Ascot, Rome
photo 2 (the upper pictures) taken in Rome / (the lower pictures) taken in Venice
photo 3 taken at Pensione Andreina, Rome


7. No traveling without writing:

Our trip lasts three whole weeks. We see tons of new things every day. I told mom if she does not make any note, then I won't take her out anymore. It feels good to say this to her because I, as a daughter, can repeat what Mom used to say to her!

"You have to write down our stories, or you can't come with me next time!"
"Gee, she is so demanding!"

"Good girl!"

"I used to be punished by mom for not writing homework. Now I can take turns to be the teacher. Isn't that fabulous?"



本日小問題:

從現在開始,miragee和媽媽會不停地出現在背景的照片中,今天miragee在哪裡?

Question of the Day:

From now on, you'll see me or my mom in the photos. Where is miragee today?


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

miragee老師好嚴格喔
跟你一起旅行
不但苦行
還得做筆記...:)

我自己也喜歡步行
跟在遊覽車上看的太不一樣了
不過 還是要考慮到長輩的腳程

你說得對
幸福有很多種
沒有什麼定於一尊的*定義*
子女懂得經營自己生活
就很好了
何必因為子女不符合社會主流行徑而感傷呢?

哈哈
你那張機場接駁車上的義大利猛男廣告真好玩

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Interesting travel story. Is that you on the bed? Your hair style is changed isn't? But looks great. Keep it up!

Uncle S.

Marc said...

Oh! Oh! I know, miragee is on the bed, in Hotel Ascot!

What do I win?

:p

Anonymous said...

I guess uncle s and marc get the point. Well, you do have good time stay with your mom on mother's day.
Good girl!

Weichuen You said...

lilou: 其實我們還蠻奢華的啦,和媽媽一起旅行的好處是,旅行的各種條件都不能太差,以免母親受不了。

我也很喜歡坐遊覽車,不過因為實在太久沒跟團了,很怕自己適應不良。

爸媽嘛,難免希望有人照顧我,殊不知都是我在照顧別人:─〉

猛男那張真是對義大利印象很道地的代表!

Uncle S: Yeah, you got it! That was my hairstyle last summer. It is different now:-). Since I am getting older and older, it's important to change my image constantly, to give people the impression that I am paying great attention to my appearance, which is not so in fact:-).

marc: You win a virtual trip to Italy:-!

johnny: We did. Thank you and you have a nice Mother's Day with your mama too!

Anonymous said...

呵!這次的答案太明顯了呀!:]
看了你的有趣旅遊札記,
讓自己越發興起自助行的念頭哩!
我想自己的第一個目標應該會是京都吧!

Anonymous said...

我知道我知道!!!
是作筆記的第一張對不對,
有禮物嗎XD

出去玩的時候就應該要有像游小淳一樣的腳色!不然我一定是玩一玩就忘記了,頂多看看照片而已...
祝二禮的媽 母親節快樂

constance wong said...

Oh your poor mama! being bullied by you! :D

harlequinpan said...

很羨慕妳,Miragee

我媽咪在世的時候,沒有什麼機會與她一起旅行,現在就是再好的條件也換不了了。

Weichuen You said...

spookie: 那你要趕快讀旅遊書,好好研究了。你已經是第二個我聽到要去京都的人呢!我本來之前也很堅定要重遊京都,不過今年我決定去比較鄉野的地方,所以我選了四國!

薛吉:看來大家都是看在禮物的份上才回答問題的啊:─〉我也偷懶了好一陣子,可是每一趟旅行都是特別的,如果就這麼忘掉還真是可惜呢!

Constance: Oh, then you should keep reading my story:-)...My mom is not that simple:-).

Harelquin: 我也這麼想,所以現在去哪完都會邀媽媽去呢!

Anonymous said...

我媽自從跟我去自助旅行後
大概是走路走到怕
現在我們一塊出門
都傾向跟團
就像你說的
好處就是突然從沒有星星的旅館等級往上三級跳
吃的也會比較講究
啊 媽媽萬歲:)