Sunday, January 15, 2006

Elegy of Eden

by Weichuen You 2004

I ended my 2.5-year-long love affair several days ago. I think I've lost the beautiful vision of Eden. It was not the deadly Apple that made the state of bliss evaporate. There were apples of modern civilization like capitalism, social and cultural differences...

I had a very lovely image in mind when I learned of the theme for Illo Friday, but after a few days' hesitation, I just don't know how to put it down. Also, sometimes I am still sentimental about the fabulous moments we once had. I decide to share this picture I did as the poster for the story "Oh My Loveman!". I will think of it as a perfect moment frozen in my memory.

Most of all, I want to dedicate this to Dim, who was and is always that nice and tender. We'll find l'amour vit quelquepart encore down the path. Our hearts might be more bruised and life might feel more incomplete, but they are definitely bigger, softer, stronger with the passing of time...

12 comments:

Sally said...

What a sweet sentiment!

Baskerville Hound said...

Thats a very touching story & illustration that you have shared with us. All the best Miragee :)

Anonymous said...

My heart cries when I saw this drawing... This is the end of our marvellous story... Bloody culture...

Keep in your mind that everything impossible could be possible Miragee.

My heart will protect you during all your beautiful live.

With love, Dim

Weichuen You said...

I have to say that you worked a miracle on your English today Loveman:-). This is probably one of the good after-effects:-).

Thank you for your comments. You guys are really kind...

纖毛蟲 said...

Hey,WC, 你好嗎?

valerie walsh said...

sweet sentiments and lovely illo!

Anonymous said...

Lovely - and Dim was lucky :)

Zórdís said...

Love is such a tender spice to live. Hope all will sometime feel and touch love.....To remember only good things of those who end is a very lovely gesture. Love is great!

gudbrandsdottir said...

So sweet, both illo and story, thank you for sharing!

carla said...

You have shared so much of yourself over the time I've been visiting your blog...this is such a bittersweet story, I am sorry your love had to end for such external reasons. I hope you will be able to go beyond all that one day. Beautiful image to go with your post.

Weichuen You said...

Thank you for giving me so much courage. I think this is one of the major lessons I have to learn on my life journey...

Unknown said...

Sweet lovely illo!