Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mount Wutai / 五台山


攝於五台山‧菩薩頂 / photo taken at Pusa Ding, Wutai Mount

去了一趟山西,回家之後花了幾天養病,不知道是不是太久沒有長途旅行,到目前都還覺得飄飄然。

During the past two weeks, I took a trip to Shanxi, China. After coming home, I've been trying to recuperate. I wonder if it's because I haven't had traveled for long. I still feel dizzy, unable to find my way back into the daily routines. 

        這是一趟很累但是很豐富的旅行。我最愛的是在五台山的一天,因為看的全都是寺廟,所以小朋友紛紛喊悶,而我越走越平靜,同時卻很感動,我想即使再過個幾年,當我回想這一次的旅行,我會記得這些畫面。

   It was a very exhausting yet enriching trip. Among the places we visited, my favorite tourist spot is Wutai Mount, one of the four Buddhist meccas in China. Though my students were bored by the temples in the end, the longer I stayed, the calmer I felt. I guess I won't forget that day in the mountains even as my memory of the trip fades in a few years. 



















攝於顯通寺‧五台山 / photos taken at Xiantong Temple, Wutai Mount 




攝於塔院寺‧五台山 / photo taken at Tayuan Temple, Mount Wutai 

        在塔院寺遇見一臉和善的僧人,他來自拉薩,前來五台山朝聖,我們一群人搶著和他合照,請他簽名,我不禁想到海倫老師的話:明星沒有什麼好追的,因為他們的美好面貌是父母給的,我會選擇追高僧,他們因為個人的修行而了不起。當下我們真的為高僧而瘋狂!

   We came across a very peaceful-looking monk in Ta-yuan Temple, who hails from Lhasa in Tibet to worship the gods. We literally fought to take photos with him and asked for his autographs. I couldn't help recalling a quote from my Thai teacher, Helen: There is nothing admirable about stars since they inherit their beautiful appearance from their parents. I'd choose to be a groupie of a highly spiritual monk because it takes a lot of personal effort to achieve the goal. I have to admit at that moment we were really crazy for him! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I believe you will remember this trip for long time. Being budhist I wish to visit such place as well. The pictures are beautiful.

Take care,
Uncle S.

Unknown said...

我也喜歡這些照片,有寧靜的感覺!