Sunday, December 15, 2013

Miss Moon / 思思與月亮


一個半月沒有寫網誌了,因為我想要全心全意準備信誼的繪本比賽。

Because I'd like to be devoted to the preparation of the annual picture book contest of Hsin-yi Foundation, I haven't updated my blog for one and half months.

        今年的心情和往年很不一樣,腳步沒有那麼趕,我學會享受這整個過程,雖然很多時候對自己不滿意,或者到最後要印刷的階段,我無法操控所有的變因,不過很幸運地在最後幾天把稿件交出去了。

   I noticed my change this year. I learned to pace myself and enjoyed the process. Though there were moments when I was upset with myself or when I couldn't control the printing quality, yet, I was lucky enough to submit my story before the deadline . 



        想要偷懶的時候,楷維會繞過來監督,並且不斷地問:你為什麼沒有在畫圖?讓我心生罪惡。孩子們也會問:你為什麼都沒有得獎?雖然我也不知道,他們還是很體貼地說:可是我很喜歡耶!

   When I felt like lazing around, Kai would act as my supervisor asking constantly, "Why aren't you drawing? How did the story go?" He made me feel so guilty that I had to crawl back to the study. Kai and Von also asked, "How many times have you participated in the contest? How come you never won?" I didn't have any clue either, but they'd comfort me with their sweet talk: We love your books a lot!



        為了想要找到較優的印刷行,跑了很多家店,其中一家老闆對我說:這個印出來就是會有不可預測的白點,我想評審要看的不是精美的印刷。我想了很久才找到答案,今年這個比賽對我來說已經不是我和其他人的競爭,而是我對自己的要求,因為比賽是短暫的,而這本書的內容記錄的是思維的人生,還有我對自己的期許。

   To look for a better printing shop, I made much research in person. One of the owners said to me: I can't assure if white dots won't be there, but I bet it's not the printing quality that the judges will focus on. I pondered over his words for a long while, and that finally led me to a clear-sounding answer: To me, the contest is no longer about the competition this year. It's about me and myself. After all, the contest is temporary, but this book records Von's childhood and my self-expectations. 

        這週去看了伊朗電影「我們都是這樣長大的」,看到每個畫面都像看到我的人生,雖然中間有些憂愁苦惱,但我最後的結論都會回到:這一輩子可以一直畫圖,我真是個超級幸運的人!

   I went to the Iranian film The Rooster Trademark Paper this week. Every scene so reminded me of my own life. Although I couldn't help feeling anxious and frustrated while preparing the bookn, I always came to the same conclusion: Being able to draw on and on for my whole life, I am such a blessed person!

7 comments:

fallher said...

好想看!祝你得獎!

Chin-yi Wang said...

能沈浸在自己喜歡做的事,而且還有前進的目標,真的很棒!

Grace Tan said...

I'm so glad to see you on your blog!
妳畫的線條好溫暖。

Carol Liu said...

Congrats!

Weichuen You said...

Thank you all!

Julian Murmur said...

感覺是個很棒的故事!
城市的線條很美:)

Weichuen You said...

Julian: Thanks. How've you been? Happy new year!!!