Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sticky / 融化的冰淇淋

What's more sticky than the melting popsicle? In the meanwhile, it's a luxury for the summer season!

PS: This is the first time I feel like explaining the medium. It's acrylic on wood. And there is a little story about the wood. It's actually a broken piece from the stool in my students' classroom. I thought it a waste to let it lie there. Two weeks ago, a girl even fell from the stool and got seriously hurt!

說到「黏達達」,我不禁想到融化的冰棒滴在手上,雖然有點不清爽,不過吃冰真是炎炎夏日奢侈的享受!

註:我不太習慣說明每張畫的媒材,但是這幅作品實在太特別,是壓克力畫於木板上。木板取材於教室的破板凳,昨天看了覺得丟了可惜,便順手帶回家創作。前幾個星期,倒楣的韻心還從板凳上摔下來呢!

9 comments:

constance wong said...

I think you've put the broken stool to good use! I like your other 2 paintings too...:)

Elaine said...

I like the way you did the hand. They are hard to get right. I'm too slow and make too many changes to paint with acrylic. I'm told it dries quickly. Someone I know paints on the thin slats of wooden (bamboo?) curtains.

Elaine said...

Forgot to mention that I like your girl with suitcase.

Anonymous said...

想不到妳真的拿去畫畫了!!!XD
我那時候還以為小金在開玩笑...
我昨天也有畫畫喔
暑假我要畫很多的畫~~~~:)
加油加油!

isay said...

hi my friend! missed leaving messages to all your previous entries. beautiful they all are.

i have been eating 3 popsicles every night nowadays!

carla said...

Great texture! It really looks like it's melting all over the place!

Aku said...

hi! just found your blog. very nice paintings you make. i like your "free" style. great!

Unknown said...

Love the texture!!

Weichuen You said...

Thank you all. Sorry that it took me so long to get back to you. I got back from Italy this morning, with so much in my head and in my luggage. I'll sort everything out asap ok?