Sunday, September 25, 2005

Fresh

Last Thursday it started to rain because of the approach of one typhoon whose name I have forgot. Everyone expected the weather to turn sunny the following day, but by the time I got up, it still rained on and off. I felt my whole heart soaking too.

Before I stepped into students' classroom, the two school dogs, the twins Blacky and Blackie sat on the balcony leisurely, as if they enjoyed the rain and the wet morning. Then the rain had stopped. I was greatly amused by the two dogs and my mood became light again, as if I could dance freely like Gene Kelly.

Before I started the first period, part of the sky had turned blue. Along the coconut boulevard, I smelled the fresh air and earth washed by the rain. There were still some rain drops hanging on the coconut leaves.

I think that was quite a fresh start for a day:-).

4 comments:

carla said...

This really captures that fresh, clean feeling that comes right after the rain. I love the dogs in the foreground and the little figure dwarfed by the long rows of palm trees! Very pretty:>

isay said...

i have never seen such tall and beautiful palm trees!

elegraph said...

long bouts of storms can really give one the blues, no? i like your illo, and i like the story that accompanied it! and the dogs' names - blackie and blacky?? pronounced the same? love it!! ;-)

Unknown said...

Lovely painting!! From your painting and story, I can almost smell the freshness of air after rain!!