Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mount Ali Rules! 4 / 我愛阿里山 4

Chapter 4: No letters

It was only a short three-day trip, but saying goodbye to you was the hardest thing in the world. "My dear..."

On the way, everyone laughed and had fun. I was low in spirits because I kept thinking of you.

When I saw the beautiful scenery in the mountain, I was inspired.

I wrote down how much I missed you under the tree.

"Ah!"

"Are you ok?" "Did you get hurt?" "Do you know who we are?"

Alas! There is no postbox! How am I going to send out the letter?

We drove in the mountain and couldn't see any postbox.

Not even in the city, on the streets lined with houses.

In order to search for a postbox, we opened wide our eyes as if we had installed radar in them.

"Is that a postbox?" "Nope, it's a bin for recycled clothes."

"Got you!" "Well, that's an electricity box..."

Again, our doubts for Chia-yi City surfaced. "People here don't write letters?" "To be honest, I have no clue though I am a local from here..." Uncle replied.

If I lived here, I would be drowned in thousands of mail I couldn't send out...

"This is our last chance. There are schools on this street. Let's give it another shot!"

"Isn't that the green postbox we are looking for?" We screamed in ecstasy. We'd never been so excited about a postbox.

"Dear Mr. Yu, do you feel the fresh air in the mountain when you read the letter?" Auntie is super-duper nice! She thought of me even when she was away on a trip!

14 comments:

constance wong said...

"If I lived here, I would be drowned in thousands of mail I couldn't send out..."

I like this sentence very much.

Really enjoyed your episodes so far...

Marc said...

Indeed, I really like this sentence too.

And the greens. Very nice greens!

Weichuen You said...

Constance: Well, for a letter-writer like me, I really can't imagine living in a place where there is no postal system:-).

I am not sure if I'll continue this series of comics after my trip to Bali Island in a few days. We'll see...

Marc: Yep, it's interesting, but the green color is really revitalizing. I needed great doses of it...

Anonymous said...

希望游小淳可以在巴里島找到大郵筒!!
不然我們就收不到了: (
可是...巴里島有郵筒嗎!?

Weichuen You said...

薛吉:當然囉,不然下下策就只好拿回來寄了。

Anonymous said...

Reading and enjoying how these paintings kept showing is amazing!

Unknown said...

挖哈哈!好浪漫的親情阿!

Callipygia said...

Miragee, this series is ambitious- I really enjoy the sense of movement captured and the funny interactions that happen when people travel together. Have fun in Bali

Parisbreakfasts said...

These are just FANTASTIC !

bruno côrte said...

I love the trees...

isay said...

these are great-i like the mountain steps-beautiful!

best regards miragee!

Unknown said...

小行星兔子在這裡!
http://makicomuc.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Miragee,
我最近有些BLOGGER的朋友
在轉換成GOOGLE帳戶時
會發現問題
導致過去文件消失
現在GOOGLE合BLOGGER正在解決這各問題
為了自保
還事先備份一下囉!

good luck!

Susan Schwake said...

i don't know how i came here, but i love your site and will link here right away!
lovely paintings!