Saturday, February 25, 2006

Tea / 茶道

The art of tea-making--

Several weeks ago, friends took me to a tourist spot in the suburbs known as the corner for tea in Taipei. It was a chilly evening. We could feel the rain and the cold indoors. When the tea was finally served, we felt warmed-up from head to toe.

The procedure of making tea is more than complicated. I watched Mr. Wu perform the whole ritual with ease. When he poured tea from one kettle to another, from the kettle to cups, it was as if I had seen fresh spring leaves drop into the little tea cups. The taste was so beautiful and beyond description.

茶道─

老吳泡茶時,還是喋喋不休地唸著我們這些乳臭未乾的晚輩,我望著他忙碌的雙手,把茶倒過來又倒過去的,突然間,我看到青脆嫩綠的葉子,就這麼一片片飄進了茶壺。

老吳雖然吵鬧,還是有身令人刮目相看的好功夫。

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful description along with a complimenting image! He looks relaxed and the falling leaves are like blessings :)

isay said...

wow! why you did not take me with you?

miragee-you have captured well your description of how you felt at that time. thanks for sharing this.

Weichuen You said...

I thought of telling you that if you have a chance of coming to my city, you definitely have to check out the place:-). It is a lovely corner...

I did the illo right after the outing instead for Illo Friday, so I guess that's why you think I captured the look of my friend.

Thanks for the comments!

Joy Eliz said...

I love this! such a happy post!

Anonymous said...

So peaceful. Beautiful.

Kimbu said...

Love the falling leaves

HARDWAX said...

I love your blue misty feel in this illustration, makes me want a warm cup of tea, lovely.
Wow,I wish there were a little place around here, with the talented Mr. Wu to create a cup for me.

carla said...

Your words alone always create a picture for me, and then your illustrations make everything come completely to life! I love the blue of this illustration and the green leaves falling gently down. Exquisite:>

ottoblotto said...

Beautiful colors in this piece!

Rayne said...

I like the restful feel to this, and love the colors.

Regina said...

Beautiful description of tea making! Wonderful colors and peacefullness.

Thank you for your kind words!