Monday, August 29, 2005

Mamamia!

First, I'd like to tell friends that I am not very upbeat about my art today. I've been thinking about doing pictures about my mom, but I have an illustrator's block. I thought of paintings I did years ago, back in 2002. The colors quite represent what I look for. The followings images are from a small book called "My Penguin Mama." When I wrote the story, I wasn't so much awed by my mom. I've always thought she is a lovely woman, but now I do realize how "cool" she is. I just can't wait to write about her in my blog journal today.

by Weichuen You 2002

I don't have too much fashion awareness and that's really not the main criterion with which I judge a person. Instead of saying my mom is "in," I'd rather say she has her unique style in every domain. She might not be the most beautiful woman in a crowd, but there's something about her that attracts people. She is confident, generous, magnanimous, respectable...Most of all, she is always energetic when it comes to work though there are times when she is fed up with it. I love her elasticity and quickness in self-adjustment to changes.

by Weichuen You 2002

It's noticeable that some people lose their glow as they grow older. It's right the opposite in my mom's case. Well, the aging traces in appearances are inevitable, but the years bring wisdom and experiences. My mother has found a perfect balance between family and her interest over the years. I am touched by her efforts in letting go of her hold on children little by little. I don't think anyone can do it more elegantly than she. Now she is preparing herself for a new life after the retirement. I do have a feeling that she will have a blast!

by Weichuen You 2002

Oh, I do not want to give the impression that my mom is a saint. Far from it. She has ordinary people's worries too. She grumbles about her "roundness." She often finds faults with us and expects us to do better though she is not so perfect either. She is sometimes too realistic for me. But these little flaws don't matter to me at all. They just make her more lovely than ever.

by Weichuen You 2002

So I figure my mom will be enjoying to the fullest of life no matter where she goes. When I am old, I want to be as beautiful and sure of myself like her. OK, and not to make my dad too jealous, I'd like to have a guy as "interesting" as him by my side:-).

No comments: